Terms & Conditions - Personalised Book
The Personalised Book can be ordered for print only - or print & design and optional extra's.
1) Submit Order - We will get back to you within 2-3 working days.
2) Once order confirmed. A 50% payment is required within 7 days of invoice date.
3) If you supply design: Submit in high resolution PDF with 3mm bleed: Read here how to supply.
4) If we to design: 1) Good copy/text need to be supplied in Word file indicated with page numbers + 2) Excel file which shows which image to go on which page + caption field if required such as artwork information: Title, Year, Media, Size, Collections). 3) Supply 50-100 high quality pictures of your artwork, or scans of the works in JPG. or TIFF format, 300DPI in CMYK (you can also include Profile/studio/action pictures) To be supplied by wetransfer.com Allow 2-3 weeks for design. 1 round of changes is included. Any extra changes are £ 195 GBP per round of changes.
5) ISBN (10 bundle) orders will take approx 2-3 weeks. You will need to fill in a form to request ISBN. This has to be done asap to allow insertion into the book design.
5) Pre-Press approval required. Once approved no changes can be made. Any errors cannot be held responsible to the Printer, GAA or third party. This is the responsibility of the client.
6) Allow 2-3 weeks for printing and the binding process.
7) You will receive a dispatch notification. Please note FREE UK delivery, other countries outside UK will have extra shipping costs.
8) Books Delivered.
9) Promotions will be done once books have been delivered to the client.
10) Once the book has been approved for design and the full fee has been paid, we can start the process for Amazon print-on-demand and other distribution orders - which will take approx 2-4 weeks to complete after design approved by Amazon. Read below the info about print-on-demand through Amazon.
Amazon take 25% off the selling price, so they would take £5 off the £25 RRP, which would leave you with £7.20 per book sold. If you set the price at £30, they would take £7.50, leaving you with £9.70.
7) Same for the E-Book reformatting, this starts once the Design has been approved by the Client and the full fee has been paid. This takes approx 3 weeks before the Ebook is for sale from date of having received payment in full.
AMAZON Print on Demand Info: When a customer orders a book through Amazon, a single copy is printed and sent to them directly. Amazon takes 25% commission off the selling price, and what is left over after the print unit cost has been taken off is your royalty. We collect the royalties and pay them quarterly in arrears minus transaction costs (we don't take any royalties ourselves). The set up includes copies of your book send to the British Library and other national libraries.
E-Book Publishing Info: To be able to sell your book online as digital E-book for tablets, Kindle, iPhone, iPad, through Amazon, Apple, iBookstore, Scribd, Copia, Central, Kobo, Gardners Books, and others. There is a re-format needed of your printed book which we will take care off, this takes approx 2 weeks - plus another week or so to have it available online as ebook.
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By submitting application information, checking the “I Agree” checkbox at the time of submitting and/or executing this agreement, you acknowledge that you have read, understood and agreed to be bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement (as amended from time to time by Global Art Agency Ltd in their sole and absolute discretion). if you do not wish to be bound by this agreement, do not indicate your acceptance and do not apply for "Personalised Book". By continuing and applying for "Personalised Book" created by the Global Art Agency Ltd and third party following a change to this agreement, you are accepting and agreeing to the change.
Once submitted application, and ticking the "I Agree" checkbox you are committed to a legally binding agreement with the Global Art Agency Ltd and agree to the terms laid out in this contract in regards to "Personalised Book".
This is an agreement between you (the Client) and Global Art Agency (the Company), by which we (The Global Art Agency) carry out all the arrangements related to this contract on the following terms:
In these Terms:
'GAA' means the company 'the Global Art Agency Ltd'.
2. The Client
The submitting Client needs to be 18 years or over. They need have a well-established Artist background and have a track record of Artworks sold. All artworks must have been created by the submitting artists. The submitting artist must have legal ownership and must be the sole owner of the copyright for all images and texts to be included. Artists will have full copyright of their works, which cannot be copied, reproduced, etc. without their permission. GAA is not obliged to give reasons for any decision it makes to reject your request. Your payment is non-refundable. You acknowledge and agree that you are liable for, and will indemnify GAA, its related bodies corporate, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees against, any and all claims made by a third party arising out of your access to, and use of, the benefits as a featured Artist. Once PDF is approved you approve the design and layout of your personalised book. No further changes can be made after approval. One round of amends is included. No further amends can be given.
2.1 Booking, Payments and Cancellation.
The first payment is due within 7 days of receiving the invoice, which will be emailed out to shortly after the order has been agreed. All payments are non-refundable. You cannot change your booking once all is processed and the first payment has been taken. This includes changing for other book features, or for other GAA events and services. If you fail to complete your payment before the deadline GAA is allowed and entitled to not complete the book and not deliver the book to you. Payments not received in full, will not receive the book.
3. Fees and Services
Fees are plus a booking fee of £ 25 GBP. Once you have been accepted and paid you are in a legal contract with the Global Art Agency Limited. Prices are in Great British Pound Sterling. UK VAT at the standard rate of 20% might be applicable to you.
5. Copyright & Trademark Claims
GAA respects the intellectual property rights of others. GAA requires that you do the same. You give the rights for GAA to use imagery of your artworks and profile for marketing and communication purposes to promote your artwork and the Book. Full credits are giving to the artist, wherever possible or suitable.
6. Confidential Information and Privacy
GAA does not warrant or represent that your use of the features will be confidential.
7. Indemnification and Release
You are solely responsible (and agree that GAA has no responsibility to you or to any third party for) for, and you agree to indemnify and hold harmless GAA (as well as GAA’s affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents) from any and all claims, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal fees) arising in any way. We have made sure that we are using the best printer producing a high quality outstanding and unique book. You can not hold GAA or third party liable if you are not satisfied by the outcome of the book, in terms of all and not limited to, technical aspects, imagery used, design, layout, text, publishing, promotions, quality, publishing, marketing, quantity and/or other matters that has to do with the offerings of GAA. No further dispute is possible.
7.1. Images, pictures and other material showing a sample of the book on the website or marketing material, online and offline may not reflect the produced book, due this is a sample of how the book may look like. GAA or third party cannot be held liable for if you are unsatisfied with this or anything that might relate to this.
7.2 Sizes, design and lay-out of the book may be different from each different platform, such as online purchases through Amazon, or eBook may be different than final proof shown for approval to the featured artist, however text and images should remain the same.
8. Relationship between the Parties
Nothing in these Terms:
constitutes a partnership between the parties; and
except as expressly provided, makes their party an agent of another party for any purpose.
A party cannot in anyway or for any purpose:
bind another party; or
contract in the name of another party.
If a party must fulfil an obligation and that party is dependent on another party, then that other party must do each thing reasonably within its power to assist the other in the performance of that obligation.
9. Suspension or Termination
GAA may suspend or terminate your registration as a Featured Artist and deny you access to the promotions immediately if:
you breach these terms or any other terms and conditions, agreements or rules.
10. RIGHTS OF THIRD PARTIES
Nothing in this agreement or on our website shall confer on any third party any benefit under the provisions of the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
11. OUR SITE CHANGES REGULARLY
We aim to update our site regularly, and may change the content at any time. If the need arises, we may suspend access to our site, or close it indefinitely. Any of the material on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update such material.
12. INFORMATION ABOUT YOU AND YOUR VISITS TO OUR SITE
13. DISPUTE RESOLUTION
In the event of a dispute arising out of or in connection with these terms or any contract between you and us, then you agree to attempt to settle the dispute by engaging in good faith with us in a process of mediation before commencing arbitration or litigation.
14. GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION
These Terms and Conditions and any contract included shall be governed by the laws of England and Wales and any disputes regarding them shall be determined by the English courts.
Copyrights © GAA Publishing 2015. All rights reserved. Email: email@example.com